Boston bombings occur everyday

"You know what, you know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that like a gang banger, will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all, part of the plan. But when I say that one, little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!" - Joker, TDK
I watched The Dark Knight so many times, yet I never fully understood what Joker meant when he said that. 


The USA have been victim of many acts or terrorism no doubt, with school shootings seeming to be the preferred flavour for the terrorists. Being a huge Batman fan though, I was a little more upset over the 2012 Aurora shooting that occurred at a Dark Knight Rises screening.

On the day of the Boston Bombing, I first read of the news in my Google+ feed not from a news site's post, but a post from a mobile technology website. I understand that being based in America, they would of course be concerned which is why they broke away from their usual news topics, but this is just a small example of how any tragedy that befalls the USA is suddenly a worldwide tragedy.

Does anyone care about the people in the Middle East? Image: Facebook
When people are murdered, it's bad. It doesn't matter if the victims are American, English, Russian, Canadian, Muslims, Christians, Hindus or what ever. Muslims being oppressed in the Middle East is normal, people have grown accustomed to it don't seem to care anymore. But what happens when a bomb goes off in the USA? The whole world takes notice.

Please don't take this as being disrespectful to the victims of the Boston bombings, or to any victims of terrorism in the USA. Like I said, whenever anyone is murdered, it is a tragedy. I just don't understand why the whole world cries after a bomb goes off in the USA, while bombs are going off everyday in the Middle East. 

People of Syria feel the pain of Boston everyday. Image: Facebook
There's absolutely nothing wrong with mourning the events in Boston. It is a tragedy, and I join the rest of the world in wishing the people of Boston well. I hope they will do the same for the people of the Middle East. 


UPDATE 23/4/2013: The people of Boston have replied to the above image with a banner of their own. Really heartwarming to see this kind of love from across the globe.
Image: Facebook

Popular posts from this blog

Are we witnessing the downfall of Apple?

5 differences between the black and white Nexus 5

Why Telegram is better than WhatsApp