Sunday, 28 April 2013

Can anyone take away your rezeki?

Assalamualaikum,

While I was an undergrad student finalising my thesis, I would submit drafts to my supervisor for inspection. As expected he would comment on my content, but not so much on the formatting, which mind you, was as tedious as it could possibly be. So I asked him why wasn't he worried about my formatting, and the following Q&A session commenced:

Supervisor: Why are you worried about the format?
Me: I don't want to get marks deducted for not following the format.
Supervisor: Why not?
Me: I want to get an A for my project.
Supervisor: Why?
Me: So I can improve my CGPA.
Supervisor: Why?
Me: So I can either get a scholarship for postgrad studies or get a good job.
Supervisor: Can you not achieve that without a good CGPA?
Me: I don't think so.
Supervisor: I think you are wrong.

Then my supervisor shared a story with me about his time as a student. Long story short, the moral of his story was this; nobody but Allah can determine our rezeki. It may be given by certain individuals, or by organisations but ultimately, Allah is The Provider and nobody can give or take anything without His permission.

Allah is not affiliated with any party. Why worry?
Image : Facebook
With elections a week away, some people are worried about their income should a change in power occur. The same thing applies in this situation as well. It doesn't matter which political party is in power. Only Allah can give and take away your rezeki.

So the next time you find yourself struggling to make ends meet, remember who to look for for help.