Google Search is amazing. With the amount of data Google have collected, all the world's information is just a few keyboard clicks away. But we may not always be near a computer when we have a question; and we may not have the time to go through a list of links to find an answer. Sometimes, we just want to know when someone was born, or how tall a certain building is. This is where the Knowledge Graph and the Google Search app makes life so much easier. Ask a question, and get a direct answer. No links to filter through, no need to load up a website to get an answer. And with the app on our phones and tablets, we can get answers no matter where we are. But most people I think still rely on typing their questions. People may not be aware of how amazingly accurate the voice recognition in the search app is. So I'll share with you some questions you can ask verbally to the Google Search app, and you might be amazed by what the app can do.
- Will it rain today?
- How hot is it now?
- What's the forecast for tonight?
Movies and TV series
- When will Man of Steel be released?
- Show me the cast of the Big Bang Theory
- Movies starring Christian Bale
- Who directed Inception?
- Showtimes for Star Trek into Darkness
- When is Manchester United's next game?
- Show me the Barclays Premier League fixture list for this weekend
- Did Manchester United win their last game?
- Who is the manager of Manchester United?
- What is the capacity of Old Trafford?
- How far is Kuala Lumpur from here?
- How do I get to East Coast Mall?
- Where is the nearest petrol station?
- Show me images of the Eiffel tower
- Show me pictures of Batman
- Show me pictures of Android eating apple
- How old is Jim Parsons?
- How tall are the Petronas Twin Towers?
- What is the largest animal in the world?
- How many players are there on a netball team?
- What is the currency of the Philippines?
- What is Memorial Day?
- Define flabbergasted
These are just a few examples of what you can find out from Google Search. There's tons more you can do. I didn't show the screenshots for all the questions, but I did ask them, and they all provided direct answers. By the way, I used voice search for all of them, and in addition to written answers I also got verbal answers as well (the phone speaks back). Give it a go. The next time you have a question about something, try and ask Google about it. And don't waste time typing. Just use your voice.